This website, Adventures in Procrastination aka Adinpr, was created on July 24, 2015 after going through the introductory pages of TextFugu that suggested I create a Japanese log to track my personal progress. I was so thrilled by the idea that I decided to expand it and with it being during a very rocky period in my life, I wanted it to become a corner stone of all my personal goals. A place I could come to to see proof that I was, in fact, progressing in everything that I wanted to be doing. However, I wanted this blog to be something very personal. Sure, everybody has goals in real life about things like finances, health, careers, college and relationships, but I wanted this to be something more than that. I wanted this blog to be dedicated to the things that make me happy. Not the things that would make people around me happy, not things that would make my wallet happy – just the things that make me happy. My hobbies. The things I turn to when I need a distraction or a crutch from the heavy dealings of reality’s cruel hand. The things that, essentially, I had forgotten about somewhere along the way. This blog is sort of like a promise to myself. A simple promise that even when things get rough, when you feel like you’ve gone absolutely nowhere in your life, you can take solace in the fact that you have progressed in the things that truly matter to you at the end of the day.
My name is Emrys and I am 25 years old. As I write this, I am currently a supervisor at a dead end job that is essentially just a means of paying the bills. An existence of 9 to 5, of coming home tired and going to work heavy. Living paycheck to paycheck was never where I expected to be at this age but it’s where I wound up and there is nothing I can currently do to change that. The trick, I have learned, is to deal with the thing you can change and work at and for me, that is what this blog is going to be about.
To live instead of survive.
I’m just your average joe, trying to find some sort of meaning in simply indulging in my hobbies. If you care to learn a little bit about me, here are some fun facts:
- I am Canadian
- I’m a lady
- I have two dogs; one is named Akito (she’s the cutie in the frame up top) who is 10 years old and a brand new puppy named Mochi who is 4 months
- I wear glasses; one eye is far worse than the other
- I have only one ear pierced and plan to keep it that way
- My hair usually ranges from completely buzzed to ultra shaggy
- I rearrange my room every three months to keep from getting bored
- I am a huge history buff and love watching documentaries
- I’m a sucker for colourful things
- I’m a huge anime/manga nerd (currently super into sports anime hell; save me)
- I have made and currently maintain three websites: ladyai.org, cuite.org and halcyonelixir.org
- I collect BJDs (ball jointed dolls); that is what halcyonelixir.org is all about
- I love nature and can’t live without plants in my house
And I guess if I think of anything else, I will add it! I suppose that introduction was a rather big downer but I guess I just really wanted to drive home how I was feeling when I made this blog. I’m pretty friendly but socially awkward and so online is pretty much the only way I know how to best express myself, haha.
Here is to fresh starts and new beginnings!